We represent the British government in Azerbaijan.
We liaise with the Azerbaijani government and Institutions on behalf of UK institutions and government departments, and support the UK’s international priorities.
Emergency consular assistance (24 hours)
For emergency assistance, such as in the event of the death, assault, arrest or hospitalisation of a British national, call the embassy on +994 437 7878 and follow the instructions to be put through to a consular officer.
Visit our travel advice for Azerbaijan for information, news and updates, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
Notarial and documentary services
Information about the notarial and documentary services available at the British Embassy.
Emergency Travel Documents
This Embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you require a visa for the United Kingdom and how to apply, go to the UK Border Agency website.
Registering a birth or death
Marriage – Notice of Marriage and Certificate of No Impediment
Information on what you will need to do in order to marry in Azerbaijan. To make an appoint to post your Notice of Marriage or to collect a Certificate of No Impediment please click the appropriate link.
Visit the Legalisation Office website for information on how to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine, so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Lists of Local Service Providers
The lists of local services providers in Baku have been prepared for the convenience of British Nationals. Please note that inclusion in these lists does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy Baku or the UK Government.
Explanation of the prison system in Azerbaijan for British nationals.
Contacting the Embassy
Telephone: +994 4377878 and select option the consular services option Email:email@example.com
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above we can also:
- provide information about transferring funds
- provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
- help people with mental illness
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child protection and abductions, kidnappings or someone who is missing abroad and how to make a missing persons report
- provide consular assistance to British nationals who are victims of rape or serious sexual assault or any other serious crime
- help in contacting your family or friends when you are not able to do yourself because you are ill, in hospital, have been arrested etc
- provide advice following the death of a British national in Azerbaijan, where possible we will try to notify the next of kin.
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
- offer support and information when a British national is detained or arrested outside the UK
What our consulate cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
- make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
- make business arrangements on your behalf
Compliments and complaints procedure