Economic Diplomacy Fund - Call for Proposals 2015
- British High Commission Port of Spain, British High Commission Kingston, British High Commission Bridgetown, and British High Commission Georgetown
- Part of:
- Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, and St Lucia
- First published:
- 25 June 2015
- Last updated:
- 19 October 2015, see all updates
We are now welcoming second round bids for the UK- Caribbean Economic Diplomacy Fund.
UK – Caribbean Economic Diplomacy Fund
The UK- Caribbean Economic Diplomacy fund aims to strengthen economic ties between the UK and the Caribbean. In 2015, we would like to invite proposals for projects in the following areas:
• Caribbean energy security: Initiatives that contribute to the promotion of secure, sustainable and affordable energy in the Caribbean region. Priority will be given to initiatives that draw on UK energy sector expertise.
• Higher Education links between the UK and the Caribbean: Initiatives that promote the accessibility of UK Higher Education to students in the Caribbean.
• Open economies: Initiatives that promote an open business environment in the Caribbean, including transparency and anti-corruption initiatives.
What we are looking for:
• Projects that cover one or more CARICOM country. Priority will be given to projects that benefit more than one country.
• Projects in the range of £10,000 - £30,000. Projects above this limit are not ruled out, but are less likely to receive funding.
• Projects must be completed by the end of February 2016.
What happens next?
• If you have a project you would like us to consider, please complete the Project Proposal Form by 31 October.
• We will review your proposal by 4 November.
• If we think your project is a strong fit and we agree to fund your project, we will put in place arrangements for the disbursement of funds and the monitoring and evaluation of the project. These arrangements will include submitting quarterly project and financial reports.
Published: 25 June 2015
Updated: 19 October 2015
- This is a second call for proposals for the Economic Diplomacy Fund.
- First published.