Universal Credit and you
This document gives an introduction to Universal Credit for people who are claiming it.
PDF, 470KB, 17 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains:
- Universal Credit full service and live service
- your responsibilities while claiming Universal Credit
- sanctions you could face if you don’t meet your responsibilities
- how, when and where Universal Credit is paid
- how you can be better off in work
- help to become self-employed
- help with childcare costs
- help with housing costs