The support that is available for Universal Credit claimants who have a disability or health condition.
This guide provides information on the support and financial help that is available for Universal Credit claimants who have a disability or health condition.
It explains how Universal Credit simplifies the claim process and gives an overview of the changes that Universal Credit brings.
It also covers Work Capability Assessments and how these relate to the Universal Credit Claimant Commitment, as well as how what is expected of a claimant will depend on their personal situation.
There’s also information on how Universal Credit supports claimants who are able to work or prepare for work, or may be able to in the future.
Read more about Universal Credit.
Published: 28 March 2013
Updated: 3 April 2017
- Work Capability Assessments and additional payments content revised. Welsh version removed until updated version is available.
- Published revised version (May 2016) - updated to provide the latest information about Universal Credit.
- Updated to reflect changes to Universal Credit from April 2016.
- Revised version with new information about the roll-out of Universal Credit.
- Updated to include the latest information about the expansion of Universal Credit
- Detail updated to include more information about the content of the document.
- First published.