Review by HS2 Ltd of its route selection process, and route-related features, such as maximum line speed and the location of stations.
This is HS2 Ltd’s advice to government which examines, following consultation, the route selection process we adopted leading to identification of the consultation route for the first phase of HS2 between London and the West Midlands.
It examines a number of components of the scheme such as station choice, the case for intermediate stations, options for connecting to Heathrow and the location of an infrastructure maintenance depot.
It also examines the view expressed during consultation that, by more closely following existing transport corridors, or adopting a lower design speed on the consultation route, the impacts between London and the West Midlands, in particular environmental impacts, could be reduced.
This report considers the case for alternative corridors. Comparisons are made with the consultation route. However, in addition to this advice we have recommended a number of revisions to the consultation route that would further reduce sustainability impacts and construction costs.
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - the government’s decisions
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - decisions and next steps
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report
- Review of the government’s strategy for a national high speed rail network
- High speed rail strategic alternatives study: Update following consultation
- Review of strategic alternatives to High Speed Two
- Economic case for HS2: Updated appraisal of transport user benefits and wider economic benefits
- Economic case for HS2: Value for money statement
- Review of the technical specification for high speed rail in the UK
- Review of possible refinements to the proposed HS2 London to West Midlands route
- Summary of effects of HS2 London to West Midlands route refinements
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands appraisal of sustainability
- Review of property issues
- HS2 revised line of route maps
- Do you think you are affected by the HS2 route?