A review of the government's strategy in light of responses to the 'High speed rail: Investing in Britain's future' consultation.
This document reviews the government’s strategy for a national high speed rail network in light of responses to the ‘High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future’ consultation.
The government received a wide variety of responses to this consultation, ranging from views and concerns to substantiated evidence. Responses were received from a variety of stakeholders, ranging from private individuals to representative bodies. All of this material, provided to the government in written responses to the consultation as well as at consultation events, was considered.
This document provides analysis of the main strategic issues raised, to support the Secretary of State for Transport’s decisions set out in ‘High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - decisions and next steps’.
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - the government’s decisions
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - decisions and next steps
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report
- High speed rail strategic alternatives study: Update following consultation
- Review of strategic alternatives to High Speed Two
- Economic case for HS2: updated appraisal of transport user benefits and wider economic benefits
- Economic case for HS2: value for money statement
- Review of the technical specification for high speed rail in the UK
- Review of possible refinements to the proposed HS2 London to West Midlands route
- Summary of effects of HS2 London to West Midlands route refinements
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands route selection and speed
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands appraisal of sustainability
- Review of property issues
- HS2 revised line of route maps
- Do you think you are affected by the HS2 route?