Register a town or village green (CA9)

Record a new piece of land in the register of town or village greens.



This form can be used by anyone to apply to register a town or village green. To be eligible for registration, the land must have been used by a significant number of the local inhabitants as of right for recreation for at least 20 years. But land cannot be registered if it has been subject to a trigger event under section 15C of the 2006 Act. Guidance is available on the How to register a town and village green page.

This relates to section 15 of the Commons Act 2006.

Published 12 December 2014