Common land and greens: declaring your entitlement to a right of common (CA15)

Record yourself as the person who is now entitled to use a right of common.



By making a ‘declaration’ you will record yourself as the person currently eligible to exercise the right of common.

Where a right of common is attached to land (for example a farmhouse), the right is exercisable by the landowner or the tenant. Many entries in the registers show who applied to register rights of common, but not who can use the right today.

This relates to regulation 43 of the Commons Registration (England) Regulations 2014.

Published 12 December 2014