PIP quick guide for support organisations
A quick guide to Personal Independence Payment (PIP), providing information for support organisations.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78153-620-9 PDF, 135KB, 5 pages
PDF, 54.5KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This Personal Independence Payment (PIP) guide is aimed primarily at advisers. It provides information on:
- who is eligible for PIP
- how the claim process works
- how the rate is calculated
British Sign Language (BSL) videos
The quick guide is also available as a 2 part BSL video on YouTube.
Part 1 of BSL PIP quick guide
Part 2 of BSL PIP quick guide
Read more about Personal Independence Payment.
Published: 3 September 2013
Updated: 19 May 2016
- Updated the English version with information about the British Sign Language (BSL) Video Relay Service trial - new guide is version 15, dated May 2016.
- Updated the English version with information about existing DLA claimants and PIP from July 2015.
- Updated the English version of the PIP quick guide with information about extending reassessments of Disability Living Allowance claimants for PIP from 13 July 2015.
- Published revised PDFs with new postcode areas effective from 25 May 2015, 22 June 2015 and 27 July 2015..
- Published revised PDFs with new postcode areas effective from 30 March 2015.
- Published revised PDFs with new postcode areas and details of the next roll out of PIP reassessments.
- Replaced English guide with revised version with changes to reassessing existing DLA claimants postcode areas.
- Updated for the extension of PIP reassessment to new areas from 17 November 2014.
- Quick Guide (including text only and local authority versions) updated with new information on how long to expect claims to take and new processes for special rules for terminal illness claims.
- Details added to quick guides about extending reassessment areas. DWP will ask existing DLA claimants to claim PIP instead, under certain conditions.
- Removed audio version and graphic rich Welsh version.
- Amended the reassessment dates in quick guides for support organisations, local authorities, MPs, carers and health professions.
- We are delaying the reassessment for some DLA claimants by 3 weeks until 28 October, following the consultation on the PIP ‘moving around’ assessment criteria, to give the government more time to consider responses and to respond.
- First published.