School capital funding allocations: 2015 to 2018
School condition allocations and devolved formula capital (DFC) allocations for 2015 to 2018.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 1.57MB
This file is in an OpenDocument format
Ref: DFE-00056-2015 PDF, 1.28MB, 15 pages
PDF, 130KB, 3 pages
Details of school capital funding allocations for 2015 to 2018 for:
- local authorities and local-authority-maintained schools
- local voluntary-aided bodies and voluntary-aided schools (schools whose governing bodies employ the staff and have primary responsibility for admission arrangements, and whose land and buildings are normally owned by a charitable foundation; voluntary-aided bodies can include dioceses and individual faith and non-faith voluntary-aided schools)
- academies and large multi-academy trusts and sponsors
- sixth-form colleges
- special schools not maintained by the local authority
- specialist post-16 institutions
The allocations include:
- devolved formula capital (DFC) allocations - this is direct funding for individual schools
- school condition allocations - this is funding for organisations responsible for one or more schools, such as local authorities, voluntary-aided bodies and multi-academy trusts
The ‘School condition funding methodology for 2015 to 2018: updated explanatory note’ explains how we calculated these allocations.
The ‘School condition funding allocations: quality assurance note’ explains the quality assurance processes we followed to calculate the allocations, and shows how these processes meet the guidelines in the Aqua Book guidance on quality assurance of government models.
More information about school condition funding is available.
Published: 24 January 2014
Updated: 12 May 2016
- Updated spreadsheet to reflect final school condition and devolved formula capital (DFC) allocations for 2016 to 2017.
- Spreadsheet updated to include a breakdown of individual devolved formula capital allocations for academies in multi-academy trusts and sponsor groups that are receiving a school condition allocation.
- Updated allocations spreadsheet, methodology document and quality assurance note
- Updated and combined school condition and devolved formula capital (DFC) allocations spreadsheets to reflect final allocations for 2015 to 2018.
- Added final 2015 to 2018 allocations for devolved formula capital (DFC) funding.
- Replaced last year's allocations with details of school capital funding allocations for the financial year 2015 to 2016.
- Updated spreadsheet - '2014 to 2015 capital allocations: non-maintained special schools'
- Updated allocation spreadsheets.
- Updated data: '2014 to 2015 capital maintenance and DFC allocations spreadsheet' and 'DFC allocations to local authorities and voluntary aided schools: 2014 to 2015'.
- New allocation data for CTCs and NMSS added.
- Updated with final DFC allocations for local authorities, voluntary aided schools and academies
- Updated the capital maintenance and DFS allocations spreadsheet with information on the actual open academies as at 1 April 2014.
- Updated the spreadsheet to include the schools which were due to convert to academy status.
- Added the provisional allocations spreadsheet.
- First published.