Advice for schools and responsible bodies to help manage their school buildings and land.
Managing your school estate effectively will help you to save money and ensure you have a healthy, safe and sustainable school environment. Find out more about the benefits of good estate management (PDF, 643KB).
Who should read this manual
You will find this manual useful if you have responsibility for overseeing or managing the estate.
- proprietors, leaders and governors of schools
- charity trustees of academies and academy trusts
- trustees of schools
- school business professionals
- those with responsibility for the day-to-day running of the school estate
- local authorities
- diocesan authorities and other religious authorities and bodies