In total 1,109 people have received an award:
- 962 candidates have been selected at BEM, MBE and OBE level (303 at BEM, 438 at MBE and 221 at OBE)
- 74% of the recipients are people who have undertaken outstanding work in their communities either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- there are 554 successful women candidates in the List, representing 50% of the total
- 10% of the successful candidates come from a BAME background, the greatest ever number of BAME recipients in an Honours List
- 6.5% of the successful candidates consider themselves to have a disability (under the Equality Act 2010)
Honours lists are published at New Year and on the Queen’s official birthday in June. Learn more about the honours and how to nominate someone for an award.