More than a thousand people have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2016.
PDF, 569KB, 118 pages
PDF, 253KB, 12 pages
PDF, 195KB, 3 pages
PDF, 211KB, 3 pages
PDF, 59.5KB, 2 pages
PDF, 176KB, 1 page
PDF, 43.5KB, 1 page
PDF, 89KB, 1 page
In total, 1,149 people have received an award:
- 1,004 candidates have been selected at BEM, MBE and OBE level. 312 at BEM, 477 at MBE and 215 at OBE
- 70% of the recipients are people who have undertaken outstanding work in their communities either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- there are 538 successful women candidates in the list, representing 47% of the total
- 8.2% of the successful candidates (90 people) come from a BAME background: the greatest ever number of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic recipients in an honours list
- 5.2% of the successful candidates consider themselves to have a disability under the Equality Act 2010
Honours lists are published at New Year and on the Queen’s official birthday in June. Find out more about the honours and how to nominate someone for an award.