Change your name by deed poll: Forms LOC020, LOC021 and LOC025

If you're 18 or over, use these forms to put your new name on public record by ‘enrolling’ your deed poll at the Royal Courts of Justice. Includes guidance.


Change of name deed: Form LOC020


Find out more about changing your name by deed poll.

If you want to enroll a deed poll for a child under 18, you must use Forms LOC022, LOC023, LOC024 and LOC026 instead.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Open a document

You can download and open PDF documents on your device. Downloading enables more features to be used, such as printing.

Adobe Reader is a free to use PDF viewer. You can use this to view, fill in and print PDF documents. You do not need to sign up for a free trial.

Follow these steps:

  1. Download Adobe Reader for free.
  2. Right-click on the document link then select ‘Save link as’ or ‘Download linked file’.
  3. Save the form (in your ‘documents’ folder, for example).
  4. Open Adobe Reader and then select the saved form.

If the form still does not open, contact

If you need a printed version contact your local court.

Request accessible formats

You can request:

  • a Braille version
  • a large print version
  • an easy read version

Request an accessible format by emailing

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Word is not generally suitable for our documents. You can only request a conversion of a PDF form to Word format as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act 2010. Find out more about the Equality Act 2010 in the guidance.

Find out how HM Courts & Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Updates to this page

Published 1 June 2015
Last updated 1 May 2024 + show all updates
  1. Update to affirmation and court enrolment fees.

  2. Added Welsh version of the guidance

  3. Added information about what you must include in the exhibition sheets.

  4. Replaced the guidance notes PDF with an HTML

  5. Guidance for requesting accessible formats has been updated.

  6. Changed some references from 'Queen's Bench' to 'King's Bench' in LOC019 and updated the way we ask for names in LOC020

  7. Added Welsh language versions of the forms.

  8. LOC019 - Phone number for Queen's Bench Office amended (1 March 2021).

  9. Fee and phone number for London Gazette updated.

  10. Revised LOC019 uploaded.

  11. Added translation

Sign up for emails or print this page