Forms LOC022, LOC023, LOC024 and LOC026: Change your child’s name by deed poll

If you're the parent or guardian of a child under 18, use these forms to put their new name on public record by 'enrolling' it at the Royal Courts of Justice. Includes guidance note LOC019 (for minors).



LOC019 is guidance for filling in:

  • Form LOC022 (the change of name deed for a minor, also known as the ‘deed poll’) 

  • Form LOC023 (the ‘affadavit of best interest’, in which you state as a parent that your child’s name change is for their benefit)
  • Form LOC024 (the statutory declaration for the name change of a minor
  • Form LOC026 (the Notice for the London Gazette for the name change of a minor)

If you’re over 18, find out more about changing your name by deed poll.

If you want to enroll a deed poll for an adult, use Forms LOC020, LOC021 and LOC025: Apply to change your name.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 June 2015
Last updated 1 March 2021 + show all updates
  1. LOC019 - Phone number for Queen's Bench Office amended (1 March 2021).

  2. Fee and London Gazette phone number updated.

  3. Revised LOC019 uploaded.

  4. Added translation

  5. Added translation