Change your name by deed poll

Enrol a deed poll with the courts

You can put your new name on public record by ‘enrolling’ it at the Royal Courts of Justice if you’re 18 or over. It costs £36 and cheques should be made payable to HMCTS.

If you’re under 18, follow the process for changing a child’s name to enrol.

Download the guidance and forms for changing an adult’s name - this includes the notification form for The Gazette.

Send your forms and documents to the Queen’s Bench Division.

Queen’s Bench Division
Enforcement Section
Room E15
The Royal Courts of Justice