Air accident monthly bulletin September 2015
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 1.66MB, 84 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
September Bulletin 9/2015
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Embraer EMB-505 Phenom 300 (HZ-IBN) aircraft destroyed following runway excursion, Blackbushe Airport, 31 July 2015
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Saab-Scania SF340B (G-LGNM), stall warning in icing and mountain wave conditions, en-route from Aberdeen to Sumburgh, 3 October 2014.
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
- Auster 5 Alpha (G-AJGJ), tipped onto its nose after landing at Lee on Solent Airfield, on 27 January 2015
- Avid Speedwing (G-BUZE), loss of control during forced landing, field near Midhurst Sussex, 13 September 2014
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-EMSY), flipped inverted on landing, Old Sarum Airfield, 15 May 2015
- Druine D.62B Condor (G-AWAT), inadvertent premature takeoff, farm strip near Oxford, 17 April 2015
- Grumman AA-5 (G-TALJ), undershot runway at Shobdon Aerodrome, 24 June 2015
- NAMC CJ-6A (G-BXZB), landing gear retracted during landing roll at Goodwood Airport, 16 May 2015
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-CGHM), propeller strike following bounced landing at Caernarfon Airport on 18 June 2015
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-HAMR), runway excursion following brake failure at Membury Airfield, 13 May 2015
- Piper PA-28R-201 (G-RJMS), loss of directional control on takeoff from Crosland Moor Airfield on 19 June 2015
- Piper PA-28-236 (G-FRGN), runway overrun, North Moreton Airfield, 15 May 2015
- Pulsar XP (G-PLSA), loss of control on touchdown, Fife Airport, 21 April 2015
- Robin R2160 (G-OCFC), runway excursion during abandoned takeoff at Bodmin Airfield on 27 May 2015
- Zenair CH 601HD, G-OANN), following a late touchdown, aircraft ran off end of runway at Manchester (Barton) City Airport, 15 June 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Kolb Twinstar MKIII Xtra (G-CGZA), loss of propeller in flight, Swinefleet common, 4 June 2015
- Pegasus XL-Q (G-MTYF), engine failure and forced landing at Over Farm Airfield on 4 June 2015
- SD-1 Minisport (G-CIMA), takeoff performance issue, Meldreth Valley Farm, Cambridgeshire, 24 May 2015
- Streak Shadow SA (G-BXVD), loss of control during taxiing practice, Rossall Field airstrip, Cockerham, Lancashire, 16 April 2015
- Tanarg/Ixess 15 912S(1) (G-IMUP), moved during ground running and struck vehicles, Dunkeswell Airfield, 5 April 2015