- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 September 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 19 June 2015
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28R-201 Cherokee Arrow III
- Crosland Moor Airfield, Yorkshire
Loss of directional control on takeoff from Crosland Moor Airfield on 19 June 2015.
During takeoff, the aircraft developed a swing to the left which the pilot was unable to correct with the use of rudder. The aircraft left the runway, ran down an embankment and through a stone wall before coming to rest. The cause of the loss of directional control has not been established.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 10 September 2015
Date of occurrence: 19 June 2015