- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 September 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 13 May 2015
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28-161 Cherokee Warrior II
- Membury Airfield, Berkshire
Runway excursion following brake failure at Membury Airfield, 13 May 2015.
After landing on a narrow runway, the brakes appeared to the pilot to be ineffective. In order to avoid running off the end of the runway the pilot steered the aircraft to the right, where it struck some concrete blocks, resulting in the landing gear being torn off.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 10 September 2015
Date of occurrence: 13 May 2015