Self Assessment: payments


Apply to make a multiple or composite CHAPS payment with the Cumbernauld office

Apply to make a multiple or composite CHAPS payment with the Shipley office

To make a single CHAPS payment to cover a number of Self Assessment references (called a ‘multiple’ or ‘composite’ payment) contact your HMRC Accounts Office. Your Self Assessment tax bill tells you which office your account is linked to.

If HMRC needs to contact you about anything confidential they’ll reply by phone or post.


Call HMRC for general advice on how to pay Self Assessment.

You’ll need your Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) when you call.

You cannot make payments using this phone number.

0300 200 3401

Outside UK:
+44 15 0647 6066

Opening times:

Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm

Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.

You can also find out information in:

Find out about call charges


Post a cheque with your payslip to this address if you cannot make a Self Assessment payment to HMRC any other way.

You can print a payslip if you do not have one.

You do not need to include a street name, city name or PO box when writing to this address.

Couriers should use a different address.

United Kingdom