The minister is responsible for international defence engagement, defence export campaigns outside the Gulf, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, including delivery of the basing strategy, and Scotland.
- Defence Engagement Strategy
- defence infrastructure and delivery of the basing strategy
Other responsibilities include:
- defence export campaigns outside the Gulf
- NATO transformation and reform
- EU relations
- counter-proliferation, arms control and disarmament
- information management
- Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) preparation
- asset disposal, including PEX(A) lead
Also: Prime Minister’s Special Representative for centenary commemoration of World War 1.