Green Homes Grant voucher scheme (closed)

Information on the Green Homes Grant voucher scheme which has closed.

The Green Homes Grant voucher scheme is closed.

For information on live national energy efficiency schemes, visit the Find ways to save energy in your home service.

If you have been through the checking process already, contact your local authority to find out what initiatives are operating in your local area.

If you have a query about a current application

If you made an application after March 2021, you may have made it through:

in which case contact your local authority, scheme delivery partner, or energy provider directly.

If you have a complaint about an installer or the installation quality

You should raise the complaint directly with your installer in the first instance.

If your issues are not resolved, you should contact your installer’s TrustMark scheme provider to seek a resolution. It is the scheme provider’s responsibility to liaise with their member (the installer) to help you find a satisfactory resolution.

If this is unsuccessful, the scheme provider should direct you to:

  • either their Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider
  • or the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman (DRO)

who offer businesses and homeowners an impartial way of finding a resolution after all other routes have been exhausted.

Find out who your installer’s scheme provider is and more about the Trustmark dispute management process.

If your installer is no longer registered with their Scheme Provider or TrustMark

You may want to seek legal advice if you are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion via your installer directly.

Citizens Advice may be able to provide some assistance.

The Department cannot intervene in disputes between consumers, local authorities, delivery partners or installers.

The Department will only consider your complaint if raised within 2 months of the incident occurring.

If you have already raised a complaint with the Department are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). You must make complaints to the PHSO through an MP. Your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau can give you the address of your MP. You can get more advice from the Ombudsman’s office at the following address:

Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
30 Millbank
SW1P 4QP  

Phone: 0345 015 4033

Removing or modifying measures

Customers and installers must not remove or modify the measures installed under the scheme for a period of at least 12 months following the date on which the voucher was redeemed, unless there is good reason for doing so.

Circumstances where the grant may be repayable

Vouchers issued by the Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme are only for use by the named applicant for the measure and property applied for. Customers do not have any right to transfer their voucher or any of their rights or obligations under the scheme’s Terms and Conditions to anyone else. The circumstances in which the government would seek repayment of the voucher are set out in the scheme’s terms and conditions. Should those circumstances arise, repayment would be sought from the installer or from the named applicant for the voucher, depending on the circumstances, or potentially from persons connected to them in the case of collusion. BEIS would not be able to seek repayment of the voucher from an arm’s length purchaser of the property on a sale of the property occurring after the voucher has been redeemed.

Scheme evaluation


Published 31 March 2021
Last updated 26 January 2023 + show all updates
  1. Added link to scheme evaluation.

  2. First published.