Find ways to save energy in your home
If you own a property in England or Wales you can get recommendations for home improvements that could make your property cheaper to heat and keep warm.
For each recommendation you can see:
- an estimated cost of making the improvement
- how much you could save on your bills
- next steps if you want to make the improvement
There’s different advice on reducing your household’s energy use if you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland. Visit Home Energy Scotland if you want advice for Scotland or visit NI Direct if you want advice for Northern Ireland.
You’ll need to give as many details as you can about your property that may affect its energy efficiency. This includes:
- the type of house it is
- when it was built
- what insulation there is in the floor, walls and loft space
- whether it has single, double or triple glazed windows
If your property has an energy performance certificate, you can enter your address and get help to answer the questions.
Get help using the online service
You can get phone support if you need help using the online service. This could be if you:
- do not feel confident using a computer or mobile device
- do not have internet access
Find Ways to Save Energy in Your Home
Telephone: 0800 444 202
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
Other ways to save energy
You can also: