Licences for activities affecting great crested newts, a protected species.
Great crested newt mitigation licences
Great crested newt survey and research licences
Your application will need to state how the proposed work will benefit the conservation of great crested newts. You’ll have to:
- provide survey information
- provide the proposed methodology
- provide reasons why this is the best course of action despite the presence of great crested newts
- confirm that there are no other feasible options for achieving the conservation gain which would have less direct impact on the great crested newts
- state clearly which licensable activities will occur, eg disturbance
Great crested newt possession and sale licences
Published: 9 October 2014
Updated: 5 May 2015
- Added explanatory information to what a great crested newt conservation licence application needs.
- First published.