Information about the Defence Engineering and Science Group (DESG) Graduate Scheme and case studies.
Spend 2 to 3 years developing yourself with our full support, in preparation for a truly unique career. The DESG graduate scheme is probably the best graduate development scheme for engineers and scientists in the UK.
How to apply
The DESG Graduate Scheme is now open to applications. You can apply for the scheme on Civil Service Jobs.
Please note: the DESG graduate scheme now accepts a minimum of a 2.2 degree.
We offer you:
- considerable investment in your development
- placements in the UK and abroad; development opportunities that are not available in private industry
- a competitive salary, starting at £25,382 and rising to approximately £30,000 after 24 months
- the fastest available route to chartered or incorporated engineer status
- a personal mentor and dedicated development team to help you undertake a personalised development plan
- depending on your background and career choice, we may offer further paid education to Masters level
- a rich variety of truly rewarding future careers
DE&S projects are innovative, unique, and sometimes highly classified. Our home base is in the best city in the UK!
Over 95% of graduates completing the graduate scheme would recommend it to a friend or sibling.
You can find more information about what we offer in our DESG leaflet.
Apply here for DESG sponsorship
The DESG Undergraduate Sponsorship Scheme should re-open to applications in Autumn 2017.
If you need any advice about the DESG schemes, please telephone 030 679 84320.
Published: 1 December 2014
Updated: 24 October 2017
- Added link to the DESG Graduate Scheme application on Civil Service Jobs.
- Added link to the Defence Engineering and Science Group leaflet.
- Added information on when the DESG Graduate Scheme is due to open.
- Added information on when the DESG Graduate Scheme opens.
- Added contact details for DESG schemes.
- Added link to the DESG graduate scheme advertisement on the Civil Service Jobs website.
- Removal of outdated information.
- Added DESG Graduate Scheme: Ryan.
- Added new case study.
- Updated DESG Undergraduate Sponsorship Scheme application date.
- Updated DESG Graduate Scheme application date.
- Defence Engineering and Science Group: graduate trainee collection removed from page
- Added case study: Alex
- Added announcement and link to DESG Graduate advert.
- Added announcement about applying to the scheme.
- Added notice: Apply here for DESG sponsorship
- Added note: 'The DESG Graduate Scheme now accepts a minimum of a 2.2 degree.'
- Added link to job advert (closing date: 14 October 2016).
- Updated scheme closing date.
- Added note: DESG Graduate Scheme is now open and link to application.
- Added link to DESG graduate job.
- First published.