Information about joining the MOD's Defence Engineering and Science Group (DESG) through the Welbeck Defence Sixth Form College (DSFC) route.
DESG is now open to Welbeck DSFC applications. You can apply on Civil Service Jobs.
More information is provided in the attached document including:
- information about Welbeck
- eligibility to apply for Welbeck
- academic scoring system
- how to apply to Welbeck Defence Sixth Form College
To be eligible for the DESG:
- you must have or be predicted to get an A / 7 in GCSE Maths
- you must have or be predicted to get an A, A / 7, 7 in Dual Award Science or B/6 in Physics as well as a grade C/4 in English and score 45 DSFC points overall in your top 7 subjects (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) or 35/40 points for Scotland
Published: 2 December 2014
Updated: 24 October 2017
- Added information about eligibility for the DESG.
- Added link to Civil Service Jobs for applications to Welbeck College DESG 2018.
- Updated information when the Welbeck College DESG applications will open.
- Updated to confirm applications will open in the autumn.
- Added announcement and link to DESG Welbeck application
- Added information about application opening dates.
- Added link to DESG Welbeck job advert.
- Added notice: DESG Welbeck is now open to applications for Sept 2016 entry to Welbeck.
- Closing date for Welbeck applications has been extended to 23 March 2015.
- Added link to vacancy advert for 2015 entry. Closing date 20 March 2015.
- First published.