On this page
Animal breeds at risk: registration
Form to register ownership of animal breeds at risk.
Avian influenza (bird flu) and Newcastle disease compartment scheme: application form
Use this form to apply for approval or re-inspection in the compartment scheme for either the EU standard or the GB enhanced standard.
Compulsory Scrapie Flocks Scheme
Forms for the Compulsory Scrapie Flocks Scheme to control classical or atypical scrapie in livestock.
Guidance and regulation
- Fallen stock and safe disposal of dead animals
- Defra approved disinfectant: when and how to use it
- Newcastle disease: how to spot and report it
- African swine fever: how to spot and report the disease
- Disease prevention for livestock and poultry keepers
News and communications
Research and statistics
- African swine fever in pigs in South East Asia
- Avian influenza (bird flu) in Europe and in the UK
- West nile virus in owls in Germany and Southern Europe
- African swine fever in wild boar in Belgium
Policy papers and consultations
- Notifiable avian disease control strategy
- Foot and mouth disease: Exercise Blackthorn evaluation 2018