Ferret and other mustelinae register
Send information about your ferret or other mustelinae to the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) if you're in England and Wales.
Avian influenza (bird flu) and Newcastle disease compartment scheme: application form
Use this form to apply for approval or re-inspection in the compartment scheme for either the EU standard or the Great Britain enhanced standard.
Animal breeds at risk: registration
Form to register ownership of animal breeds at risk.
Compulsory Scrapie Flocks Scheme
Forms for the Compulsory Scrapie Flocks Scheme to control classical or atypical scrapie in livestock.
Guidance and regulation
- Fallen stock and safe disposal of dead animals
- Rabies in bats: how to spot it and report it
- Defra-approved disinfectant: when and how to use it
- Disease prevention for livestock and poultry keepers
- Newcastle disease: how to spot and report it
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Avian influenza (bird flu) in Europe, Russia and in the UK
- African swine fever in pigs in the Americas
- African swine fever in pigs in South East Asia and Oceania
- West Nile virus in Germany
- Rabies in a cat in Italy
Policy papers and consultations
- Notifiable avian disease control strategy
- Foot and mouth disease: Exercise Blackthorn evaluation 2018