1. Buy a rod fishing licence

    How and where to buy or upgrade a rod fishing licence for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt and eels in England and Wales.

  2. Report a catch return

    Report how many small sea trout, salmon and grilse you've caught if you have a migratory salmon and sea trout rod licence

  3. Freshwater rod fishing rules

    Follow national and local rules (byelaws) when freshwater fishing with a rod and line in England and Wales

  4. Fixed quota allocation units

    Details and forms for transferring fixed quota allocation units and getting a new holding statement.

  5. Fish and land nephrops: vessels 10 metres and under

    Vessels 10 metres and under must notify how much nephrops they caught and landed from areas IIa, IV, VI and VII for each trip each week.

See more services in this topic

Guidance and regulation

  1. Current catch limits: 10 metres and under pool
  2. Current catch limits: over 10 metre non-sector pool
  3. Manage and lease fishing quota
  4. Compliance and Enforcement Strategy
  5. Quota management rules
See more guidance and regulation in this topic

News and communications

Research and statistics

  1. River Wear fish counts
  2. River Tees fish counts
  3. River Tyne fish counts
  4. Salmonid and freshwater fisheries statistics
See more research and statistics in this topic