Daily and monthly upstream counts for salmon and sea trout at the fish counter at the Tees Barrage on the lower River Tees.
We aim to release this data once a month.
Ref: LIT 8805 PDF, 83.5KB, 1 page
Ref: LIT 8806 PDF, 80.8KB, 1 page
The fish counter at the Tees Barrage only monitors the upstream migration of salmon and sea trout through the fish pass.
Additional routes exist through the:
- main barrage gates
- canoe slalom
- turbine fish pass
- navigation lock
To help fish migrate, the Environment Agency and the Canal and River Trust keep the main barrage gate open as much as possible. When it’s open, more fish migrate through this gate than through the fish pass. This may explain the lower fish counts when the main barrage gate is open.
Published: 16 May 2017
Updated: 13 November 2017
- Latest fish counts for River Tees.
- Page updated with latest fish count data.
- Added August 2017 fish counts.
- Latest fish counts for the River Tees.
- Latest fish counts on the River Tees.
- Latest fish count data for the River Tees.
- First published.