- 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?
- Vehicle tax and SORN
Vehicle tax and SORN
Before you contact DVLA, read how to:
- tax your vehicle
- make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
- check if a vehicle is taxed
- cancel vehicle tax and get a refund
- pay your vehicle tax by Direct Debit
- tax your vehicle without a V11 reminder
- change your vehicle’s tax class
Use the webchat service to contact DVLA about vehicle tax and SORN.
By phone or email - if you’re a critical worker
Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), DVLA is currently only able to answer your call or email if you’re classed as a critical worker (for example you work in a hospital or in a supermarket, or you’re a lorry driver).
Use the email service to contact DVLA about vehicle tax and SORN.
Vehicle Customer Services
When to contact DVLA
It can take a few weeks to process applications. Wait for the processing time before contacting DVLA.
|Vehicle tax refund||6 weeks|
|Confirmation of SORN||4 weeks|