Before you contact DVLA, read how to:
- tax your vehicle
- make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
- check if a vehicle is taxed
- cancel vehicle tax and get a refund
- pay your vehicle tax by Direct Debit
- tax your vehicle without a V11 reminder
- change your vehicle’s tax class
When to contact DVLA
Wait for the processing time before contacting DVLA.
|Type of application||Processing time|
|SORN confirmation by telephone||4 weeks|
|Vehicle tax refund by telephone or online||6 weeks|
|All DVLA applications by post||6 to 8 weeks|
DVLA Vehicle Enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6802
British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on a mobile or tablet
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturdays, 8am to 2pm
Find out about call charges
Use the webchat service to contact DVLA about vehicle tax and SORN.
Use the email service to contact DVLA about vehicle tax and SORN.
Vehicle Customer Services
- 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?
- Vehicle tax and SORN
- Change 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?