Renew your vehicle tax without a V11 reminder letter using your V5C registration certificate (logbook) online or at a Post Office.
You can apply for vehicle tax using the 12-digit reference number on your New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) if you’ve just bought the vehicle.
You can renew your vehicle tax online if you’ve got your V5C registration certificate and the name and address details on it are correct.
Apply at a Post Office
You can apply at a Post Office that issues vehicle tax.
- your V5C registration certificate or new keeper supplement (V5C/2)
- a completed V62 ‘application for a registration certificate’ if you don’t have a V5C (and an application fee of £25)
If required, you’ll also need:
- payment for your vehicle tax
- an MOT test certificate (it must be valid when the vehicle tax starts)
- a valid reduced pollution certificate