Fill in form V85 and apply in person at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax to get an HGV vehicle licence (tax disc).

You need HGV tax for lorries that weigh more than 3.5 tonnes when loaded.

You need to take the vehicle log book (V5C). You can apply for a replacement if you don’t have one.

Tax rates for HGVs

The amount of tax you need to pay depends on your vehicle’s tax band and whether it has:

You need to tax your vehicle by 31 December 2016 to get a reduction from a Reduced Pollution Certificate.