1. Overview

You need to apply for the correct provisional entitlements on your driving licence and include a medical report to become a lorry or bus driver.

You’ll then need to pass:

You’ll also need to complete the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) if you want to drive a bus or lorry for a living.

For driver licensing, lorries are called Large Goods Vehicles (LGVs) and buses or coaches are called Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCVs).

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.