4. Applying for a bus or lorry provisional entitlement

To apply for bus or lorry provisional entitlements, you need to complete form D2 and medical report form D4.

Your D4 form has to be filled in by a doctor. You may need an optician to fill in the section about your eyesight if your doctor isn’t able to. The doctor and optician may charge you for doing this.

You can also use a private firm specialising in drivers’ medical examinations.

Get the forms

You can download the D4 form and information and useful notes for filling in D4.

Get a D2 ‘Application for a driving licence for a lorry, minibus or bus’ from the DVLA form ordering service.

Send the forms

Send forms D2 and D4 plus your current photocard driving licence to DVLA. There is no application fee.

If you have a paper driving licence, include a passport-style colour photo and original identity documents.

SA99 1BR

When to expect your licence

You should get your driving licence within 3 weeks of DVLA getting your application. This may take longer if your health or personal details need to be checked.