Contact the office dealing with your claim if you’re unhappy with the service you’ve received - their details will be at the top of any letters from the Disability and Carers Service.

Explain what has happened, how this has affected you and what you want to happen to put things right.

If you’re not sure which office to contact, call the number below that best applies to you.

Attendance Allowance helpline
Telephone: 0345 605 6055
Textphone: 0345 604 5312

Disability Living Allowance
Telephone: 0345 712 3456
Textphone: 0345 722 4433

Personal Independence Payment helpline
Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Carer’s Allowance Unit
Telephone: 0345 608 4321
Textphone: 0345 604 5312

Vaccine Damage Payments Unit
01772 899 944

Find out about call charges

The Disability and Carers Service will try to solve your issues over the phone. They’ll aim to deal with your complaint within 15 working days.

Contact Citizens Advice or your local MP if you need help making your complaint.

If you’re unhappy with the response

You’ll be asked if you want your complaint sent to the Director General of Operations for the Department for Work and Pensions. They aim to deal with complaints within 15 working days.

If you’re still unhappy, you can then ask the Independent Case Examiner to investigate - they’re impartial and this is free.

You must not contact the Independent Case Examiner before you’ve received a final response from DWP saying you can do so.

If you’re unhappy with the response from the Independent Case Examiner, you can ask your MP to send your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

If a mistake has been made

You may get a special payment if you’ve experienced unfair treatment or suffered financially.

You can get independent advice from Citizens Advice.