Become a childminder or nanny (England)
How to register as a childminder or nanny: the Ofsted Childcare Register, the Early Years Register, who can register, how to apply
Register as a childminder agency in England
You must register on the Ofsted Childcare Register and/or the Early Years Register to set up a childminder agency in England, includes how long it takes, fees and how to apply
Applying to waive disqualification: early years and childcare providers
Forms and guidance for childminders and providers of childcare on non-domestic premises.
Being inspected as a children's centre: self-evaluation form
Self-evaluation form linked to the judgements that Ofsted will make at inspection.
Inspecting children's centres: report template
Template for Ofsted inspection reports of children’s centres.
Guidance and regulation
- DBS checks for childminders and childcare workers
- Become a childminder: pre-registration briefing
- Emergency planning and response
- Sure Start children's centres: guidance for local authorities
- Inspection of services on Childcare Register