Claim Child Benefit

Further information

Change in circumstances

You must report changes to the Child Benefit Office. These include changes to:

  • your family life, for example getting married
  • your child’s life, for example leaving education or training

If you disagree with a decision

You can challenge a decision about your claim. This is called asking for mandatory reconsideration.


You can complain to the Child Benefit Office if you’re unhappy with the way you’ve been treated.


Contact the Child Benefit Office if you have any questions.