Use this tool to work out:

  • how much Child Benefit you receive in a tax year
  • the High Income Child Benefit tax charge you or your partner may have to pay

Start now

Before you start

You may be affected by the tax charge if your income is over £50,000.

Your partner is responsible for paying the tax charge if their income is more than £50,000 and higher than yours.

You’ll need the dates Child Benefit started and, if applicable, Child Benefit stopped.