• Sure Start Maternity Grant

    Sure Start Maternity Grant - a £500 payment to help with the costs of a new baby, eligibility, applying, claim form SF100

  • Apply for free school meals

    Check if your child is eligible for free school meals on your local council's website

  • Childcare Grant

    Childcare Grants for full-time students in higher education - grants, CCG1, CCG2 forms, how to apply, eligibility

  • Benefits calculators

    Benefits calculators - find out what benefits you could get, how much you could get and how to claim

  • Care to Learn

    Care to Learn helps pay for childcare while you're studying - application form, money you get, courses that qualify, eligibility

  • Carer's Credit

    Carer's Credit helps carers build up National Insurance contributions for State Pensions - what you'll get, eligibility and how to claim

  • Child Trust Fund

    Child Trust Fund accounts - find a lost account, providers, payments, managing the account

  • Childcare and tax credits

    Tax credits for childcare costs while you work - eligibility, how much you get, childcare vouchers and working out your costs

  • Contact Sure Start

    Sure Start Children's Centres provide advice and support for parents and carers, from pregnancy to when a child goes to primary school

  • Guardian's Allowance

    Guardian's Allowance help if you're looking after a child who is not your own - rates, eligibility, how to claim, appeal a decision

  • Healthy Start

    Healthy Start is a voucher scheme for women who have young children or who are pregnant and receiving benefits - what you'll get, eligibility and applying

  • Maternity Allowance

    Maternity Allowance is paid to pregnant women who don't get Statutory Maternity Pay - rate, eligibility, apply, form MA1

  • Maternity pay and leave

    Your Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Leave - what you get, how to claim, maternity rights and extra help

  • Parents' Learning Allowance

    Parents' Learning Allowance for full-time students with children - funding, apply, eligibility

Additional detailed guidance from government departments