Make a change to your claim

You must report any change of circumstances to the Child Benefit Office. These include changes to your:

  • family life, for example getting married
  • child’s life, for example leaving education or training

Change who gets Child Benefit

Contact the Child Benefit Office if you want someone else to claim Child Benefit, for example, your spouse or partner.

After you’ve done this, tell the other person to make a new claim.

Stop or restart payments

You can choose to stop or restart your payments at any time, for example because you or your partner earn over £50,000 a year. It does not affect your eligibility.