Send a completed form V14 ‘Application for a refund of vehicle tax’ to the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA) to apply for a tax disc refund.

Form V14 applies to cars, HGVs, motorcycles, and any other type of vehicle that has a tax disc.

Check the form to see if you’re entitled to a refund.

Download form V14 or order it online from DVLA.

Fill in your personal details exactly as they’re shown on your Registration Certificate (V5C).

Send your completed form to DVLA.

SA99 1AL

You should receive a refund within 6 weeks.

If you don’t have your tax disc

Contact DVLA customer enquiries to get form V33 if your tax disc has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

DVLA customer enquiries
0300 790 6802
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm
Find out about call charges

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.