The British Deputy High Commission Chandigarh is responsible for developing and maintaining relations between the UK and India.

Find out what services are available in New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.

Check our opening hours

Our services


This Deputy High Commission does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page.

Political Relations

India is a growing global power and an important partner for the UK. We recognise that a lot of decision making – political, economic and commercial – happens at state level. We are working to strengthen our contacts and enhance cooperation with state governments, local politicians, academics, civil society, media etc.

Prosperity, Trade & Investment

Our work on prosperity is a cross-cutting effort to help ensure coherent engagement with India on issues like research, science and innovation, healthcare, education and skills. We seek to help British companies to do business in India, identifying opportunities and providing practical advice and support. And we offer professional, authoritative and personalised assistance to help companies in India locate and expand in the UK.

Energy & Climate Growth

We are working to support local efforts to tackle dangerous climate change and mitigate its effects, including through the promotion of clean technologies, low-carbon energy sources and sustainable development, as well as awareness raising.

Support for wider UK priorities

We support the work of colleagues from other parts of the British High Commission network on a wide range of issues, including on migration, major consular issues and contingency planning.

Please note

The Deputy High Commission has no involvement in the visa process and is not able to accept visa applications or to intervene in the consideration of applications. Neither are we able to provide public consular services; these are provided through the British High Commission in Delhi.

Our people

  • Andrew Ayre

    British Deputy High Commissioner Chandigarh

Contact us

British Deputy High Commission Chandigarh

178-178A, Elante Business Park
Unit C516, Fifth Floor
Industrial Area Phase 1

Chandigarh 160002

Access and opening times

Corporate information