Exemplar number 23 Make a claim to an employment tribunal
200,000 employment tribunal fees paid online every year
Recently passed its Digital by Default Service Assessment and is transitioning to the live service.
- Passed live Digital by Default Service Assessment
- User experience continues to improve following user research
- Positive user feedback on new simpler language
- Save and return function agreed with Security Assurance
- Ensuring the service meets full diversity of user needs
- Using simpler language while maintaining legal accuracy
- Continue to simplify and improve the application based on user research
- Release a plain English version of forms
- Develop sustainable assisted digital support
Digital strategy statement
…this will be introduced in July 2013, and we will digitise this service and the processes that support it.
Scope of exemplar
In line with new MOJ policy, employment tribunals started charging fees from 29 July. The technology to implement this ministerial priority includes a payment mechanism, which is being improved through digital input on user research and the Digital by Default Service Standard. Phase 2 runs from July to December and will improve the flexibility of the service, its reporting, and its ability to support user errors around manual transactions. Phase 3 is currently being scoped.
GDS has mapped the exemplars against the digital inclusion scale to help show where these services may be difficult for some people to use. See the rating for Apply to an employment tribunal.