Exemplar number 22 Civil claims
A new digital service to make civil claims online, starting with accelerated property possession.
The first service to be transformed — accelerated property possession claims which handles 35,000 claims a year — is now live.
- User research set up for each sprint
- Cross-disciplinary team in place
- Better use of GDS’ user interface design patterns
- Accelerated property possession claims has been released to users and is live
- Passed live Digital by Default Service Standard assessment
- Making language simpler while ensuring the accurate use of legal terminology
- Integrating the exemplar with the wider civil claims and civil justice digital service
- Continuously improve live service based on user feedback
- Grow the service to include other claim types
- Investigate the viability of a ‘save and return’ function, online tracking and digital payments for potential use across the whole civil claims service
Live service performance
Digital strategy statement
…existing digital applications which we will redesign to digitise more of the process, provide a better user experience and increase take-up.
Scope of exemplar
Civil claims are a way for the public to solve civil legal disputes or obtain money or property owed. The exemplar will create a digital service initially for accelerated possession claims, to improve the user experience and the efficiency of the service.