Exemplar number 2 Find an apprenticeship
1.8 million online apprenticeships applications every year
Successfully passed the live Digital by Default Service Assessment and preparing to migrate to the live service.
- Use of the public beta service has grown, with more than 80,000 users since launch of public beta in early December
- There have been regular releases of new features with 20 releases since launch
- We’re recruiting to fill vacant digital delivery posts
- Managing the shift of users from the existing digital service to the new one, while ensuring stakeholders are aware of what’s changing and why
- Dividing effort between improving the candidate journey and creating the employer journey
- Continuous service improvement for our users
- Building the employer and provider journeys into the service
Digital strategy statement
All customer journeys across information and transactions will be integrated so individuals can find information tailored to their needs and search, view and apply for opportunities online in an engaging and inspiring way. Employers will be able to quickly and easily self-serve to engage with apprenticeships and advertise vacancies and identify suitable candidates.
Scope of exemplar
To create an easy to use digital service where apprenticeships can be advertised and applied for, with the transaction supported by clear information to inform and advise users, so that they can self-serve, leading to minimal additional support being required.