Exemplar number 18 Agent Online Self Serve
A new online service for tax agents to transact easily with HMRC on behalf of their 8 million clients
In beta. Private beta service in development.
- Discovery stage completed
- Alpha Digital by Default Service Standard assessment passed in November 2014
- The complexity of agent-client relationships makes this a difficult but very important exemplar to get right
- Researching with a range of diverse range of agents, with different user needs and ways of working, to improve the service while in private beta
- Develop the private beta service to include more useful services for agents
- Work on meeting complex data needs
Digital strategy statement
…making registering to act as an agent easier and quicker… agents will have the tools to take more control of their clients’ tax affairs and undertake transactions for them with minimal involvement from HMRC… any new IT services developed for individual customers should be available to agents.
Scope of exemplar
This is a new service for tax agents to work with HMRC online. It will let agents register to act on behalf of, and see information about, their clients, and to control a range of transactions on their behalf. These will be built on a new digital tax platform which will eventually replace the current HMRC Portal and be the default platform for new user-facing services.