State Pension if you retire abroad

Skip to contents of guide

How your pension is affected

Your State Pension will only increase each year if you live in:

You will not get yearly increases if you live outside these countries.

Your pension will go up to the current rate if you return to live in the UK.

Get advice

Contact the International Pension Centre if you want advice on how your pension might be affected if you’ve already retired and are thinking of moving abroad.