Report someone to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) if they’re in trade or running a business but aren’t paying tax on their profits.
You can report tax fraud online or by telephone or post:
Tax Evasion Hotline
Telephone: 0800 788 887
Textphone: 0300 200 3519
Fax: 0300 0510 185
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges
For your own safety you shouldn’t:
- try to find out more about the fraud
- let anyone know you’re making a report
- encourage anyone to commit a crime so you can get more information
What is tax evasion
Tax evasion is when someone is carrying on a trade or running a business but isn’t paying tax on some or all of their profits.
For example, they might:
- not have told HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) that they’re in a trade or business
- not tell HMRC about all their business income
- keep business ‘off the books’ by accepting or paying cash and not giving receipts
Other types of fraud
You can also contact the Insolvency Service, Companies House or the Serious Fraud Office if you suspect a limited company or its directors of fraud or serious misconduct.