Report tax evasion

Report someone to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you think they’re evading tax.

Don’t try to find out more about the tax evasion or let anyone know you’re making a report.

For example, they might be:

  • not telling HMRC about tax they owe (for example on business profits)
  • keeping business ‘off the books’ by dealing in cash and not giving receipts
  • hiding money, shares or other assets in an offshore bank account (‘offshore tax evasion’)

Start now on the HMRC fraud hotline report form

Before you start

You can contact the Insolvency Service, Companies House or the Serious Fraud Office if you suspect a limited company or its directors of fraud or serious misconduct.