Renew or replace your adult passport


You must replace your passport if it has more than reasonable wear and tear because you may not be allowed to travel with it.

If you’re replacing a lost or stolen passport, you may have to attend an interview and your application may take longer.

Replace your passport online

You can replace your passport online.

Replace your passport using a paper application form

You can get a paper application form:

You can use the Post Office Check and Send service if you’re using a paper form.


Send 2 identical new photos of yourself with your application.

Your application can be delayed if you don’t follow the rules about passport photos.


You need to get your application form and 1 of your photos signed by someone else to prove your identity.


You need a credit or debit card to apply online.

If you apply by post, you can either pay by:

  • debit or credit card - fill in the form in the application pack
  • cheque - made payable to ‘Her Majesty’s Passport Office’