You can get a passport urgently if you need to do any of the following:
- travel for compassionate reasons
- travel urgently for work
- prove your identity, for example you’re applying for a job, mortgage or benefits
If you need a passport for another reason, apply in a different way.
Check current coronavirus (COVID-19) travel advice before travelling. If your passport application is successful it does not mean that you’re currently allowed to travel.
Track your passport application if you’ve applied and do not have your passport yet.
What counts as travel for compassionate reasons
Compassionate reasons to travel include:
- you or someone you care for needs urgent medical treatment in another country
- a family member or friend in another country is seriously ill or has died
What counts as urgent travel for work
You might need to travel urgently to another country if you work:
- for an airline or haulage company
- offshore, for example on a rig
- for government or local government and you’re doing business abroad
- in healthcare
- for social services and you need to travel with children
- for the armed forces or the police
How to apply
Because of coronavirus, you cannot book an appointment at a passport office. Passport offices and the premium and fast track services are closed.
Phone the Passport Adviceline to apply for a passport urgently.
Telephone: 0300 222 0000
From outside the UK: +44 (0)300 222 0000
Textphone: 18001 0300 222 0222
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, Sunday and UK bank holidays, 9am to 5:30pm
Find out about call charges